Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Sunday in Manila (Nov 17, 2013)

On Sunday, I took a taxi to join the relatively new congregation in Pasay started by the work of Rody Gumpad. Rody and Tessie have obviously been working hard with the brethren in this new work. The attendance was considerably higher than the last time I was with them in August of this year. Virtually all of the number are people of that community that have been converted out various denominations. Rody was preaching in Tuguegarao that day, so I joined two of Rody’s sons, Rody Jr. and Jay, as well as Mark, one of Rody’s sons-in-law. Rody Jr. taught the Bible class on answering some denominational doctrines. At the end of the class, several asked questions and I ended up being the one to field the questions. In the assembly, I preached on “N.T. Baptism vs. Denominational Baptism.” There were no responses to the invitation.


With the correspondence mounting, I went back to the hotel and started answering over 100 posts that had come to my yahoo account that I use to communicate with Filipino brethren. However, I found numerous brethren from the States were asking about the typhoon’s effects and the benevolent help needed. I stayed up until 2am answering all that I had at that time. It has been great to see so many brethren concerned and wanting to help relieve the suffering of our Filipino brethren.