Sunday, January 31, 2010

Lord's Day in Tuguegarao

We met with the Metro Tuguegarao congregation this morning for worship. Ryan Thomas who is visiting the Gumpads from Michigan taught the Bible class. He brought an excellent lesson on “Some Things That Destroy” from 2nd Thessalonians 1:6-9. Ron Halbrook preached in the next hour on “New Beginnings in Christ.” He covered the new covenant, new kingdom and new birth that we have in Christ and did his usual good and thorough job. Lordy Salunga went with Rolando Agpoon to preach for the Villa Salud congregation. After lunch, all went out to smaller congregations in the area to preach. There were no baptisms today at Tuguegarao and none that I know about in the area.

This is the first Sunday that I have ever been in the Philippines without preaching anywhere. Though I am feeling better than a few days ago, I am still feeling the effects of the infection. My voice is coming back, but it is not yet strong. So, I decided it was best to rest it today as it will be needed over the next two weeks to finish this training effort. I spent my afternoon resting and preparing for the classes since I have several days coming up with 4 classes each day.

Thank you again for the prayers on our behalf. May the Lord bless all of you as you serve Him on this Lord’s day as well.

Brotherly, Harry O.