Monday, November 16, 2009

Last Day!

My last day started early so I could finish packing and be ready to go when Lordy arrived. Since I had no time to get breakfast (not to mention no desire, given the $16 price), we stopped at a Starbucks on the way. Finally, back to the breakfast of champions!
The venue for the day was a Jollibee, the Filipino version of a McDonald’s. We had an upstairs function room that easily accommodated those present at the start. However, by the end of the day, the room was packed with every seat taken and some having to stay on the outside. They were very attentive and receptive throughout the day. The crowd seemed to be about 80% or more Christians with a few non-Christians visiting. I do not think any of them were denominational preachers.

Since we had a shortened schedule, I wanted to get all the material possible presented. We printed outlines so that all could follow the lessons and have notes to which they could refer later. We also had a PowerPoint projector, allowing us to cover more material. I spoke for the entire morning session (about 2 ½ hours) on “Godly Living in Christ.” In the afternoon, I combined two lessons on “Who Is a Christian?” and “The Plan of Salvation” into one. It took a little under 2 hours to deliver. Lordy extended an invitation, but none were ready to be baptized at that time.

Please excuse the brevity of this report, but I am trying to get it off as soon as possible so I can eat and get to bed. My flight leaves at 6:15 in the morning and I must be at the airport at 4:15am. So, I have a 3am wake-up call that is getting closer and closer. Please know that I extend my deepest thanks for your prayers, encouragement and every form of assistance you have provided to make this effort possible. Words cannot express my appreciation for your helping in making it possible for me to have part in this work of spreading the gospel in the Philippines. May God bless you for your generosity in every way. Please continue to pray that the doors being opened may be fruitful to an even greater spread of the gospel in this country.
Brotherly, Harry O.