Thursday, April 30, 2009

Done!

Having just arrived in my hotel room from the venue, my part of this training effort is now over. Ron will be finishing his part soon and coming back to pack for the trip to Manila. We will fly there around noon tomorrow, the Lord willing.

My preparations for today’s classes were made much easier by brethren who sent material on Proverbs, Ecclesiastes and Song of Solomon. (Special thanks to Keith Greer, Joe Price, Marc Gibson and Marc Mayberry.) Since Keith’s material was made for the Tuguegarao classes, I took his PowerPoint charts as the basis for the OT Survey class this morning. They were much better charts than I know how to do, so I even enjoyed them when I was looking at them on screen during the class. The only problem was that I had so much material it took me two hours to present. At that point, Ron came in to teach his 11am class and I had not gotten to the OT Prophets. So, I had to rearrange my schedule a little.

After lunch, we started at 1:30pm and I had three full hours back-to-back. We finished the study of the prophets with a look at Zechariah and Malachi. We then moved into the second part of the material on the book of Revelation. After finishing that, we had a little over one hour left and we moved to the class on Islam. It was a full day, but I believe it was profitable as the students were again very attentive. When I left, they were all very expressive again of their thanks for the help provided in this training effort. They want each of you at home to know how much this opportunity means to them.

My voice held out for the completion of the classes, but it was very weak and often broke up. At this point, I am just trying to stop coughing and remain very quiet. My throat is very sore and gets worse with my persistent cough. I am using lozenges for it, but they are not doing much. I will try to find some hot soup for supper and get to bed early.

Thank you again for every act of kindness and help in this work. Words cannot express the extent of my gratitude for those who have sacrificed in every way to help make this trip and the training efforts possible. May the Lord bless each of you and the work in which you have been co-laborers unto His glory.