Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Report for Wednesday


The trip started out on Monday with an early flight to Minneapolis. After a 5-hour layover, I made the connection to Tokyo. It was the smoothest flight into Tokyo that I have ever experienced! After clearing Japanese security, I connected with the flight to Manila which arrived about 10pm Tuedsay, local time (9am on Tues. CDST). The early arrival allowed me to call Leslie and let her know I arrived safely before she started teaching her ladies’ class at home.

My Wednesday was a very full day. Rody Gumpad and Ely Ebuenga met me at the hotel with a taxi they had contracted to go to the prison to see Willie. As most of you know, Willie Pastor is a preacher of the gospel who was imprisoned for actions which were clearly in self-defense as well as saving other innocent life from one armed with a gun. However, the family of the perpetrator has a great deal of money and a great injustice was done. Despite such injustice, Willie has faithfully preached the gospel in the prison system and has baptized over 500 by the last count I had. We were able to visit Willie and as well as some officials to express our hope that he would soon be released.

As I write this note, it is early Thursday morning here. The lack of sleep finally caught up with me last night and I fell asleep about 7pm. I had intended to write this report last night, but was so exhausted that I could not stay up to eat or write. So, here I am at 4am rested and ready to go! Rody, Tessie and I are due to fly to Tuguegarao later this morning. However, a typhoon is moving in that direction, so we are not sure if the plane will be able to leave today or whether we might have to take the bus to get up there. Please pray that the plane will be able to make the trip! The 12 to 14 hour bus ride up there is not a desirable way to travel. Having done it several times before, I would appreciate not having to do it again!

Thank you so much for your support and interest in this work! Without interested brethren who sacrifice and pray for these efforts, I would not have the opportunity and honor of taking part in this vital work. With ever place we go and ever work undertaken, I am always mindful of your sacrifices and prayers on our behalf. God bless!