Saturday, August 17, 2013


No report was sent on Friday night due to the travel and my level of exhaustion, so I will start with that. The Baptist preacher who seemed to be getting very close to the kingdom was called by his supervisor and chastised for attending the gospel meeting. He was instructed not to return and he did not, but he told those who invited him that he knows we are teaching the truth. He also said he was “counting the cost” at this point. That makes two on this trip who are at the same point of decision.

The lectures started with a lesson on “Having Your Conduct Honorable.” After a song or two, I gave a second lesson on “N.T. Baptism vs. Denominational Baptism.” We then had a question and answer period until I had to leave for the airport. Jonathan Carino preached after I left in order to give a final lesson closing the meeting.

The flight from Cebu to Clark (the old USAF landing strip in Angeles City), went smoothly. Once in Angeles, I took Lordy and another brother to eat. Igot back to the hotel after 9pm and was ready to crash.

Today, we had an all-day gospel meeting with the congregation where Lordy Salunga labors. I did all of the preaching, but brother Jerry led songs between each lesson, giving me an opportunity to collect my thoughts for the next lesson. I began with “God’s Use of the Prophets” and then gave a short lesson on “Salvation & the Seed” before the church. After lunch, I gave two additional lessons -- “Distinguish Between the Two Covenants” and “Salvation & Saul.” The lessons were well received  but none were baptized, as was also true yesterday.

It was truly an unexpected pleasure to see my old friend, Mel Tacbod, with us at the meeting today. A few years ago, I was certain that Mel would be leaving this world within a very short time. He has battled problems with his health from cancer and other issues. Yet, he continues on as a great example of faith, serving the Lord with great strength even those his physical body is weakened to the point that he is confined to a wheelchair. I cannot describe how encouraged I was to see him today!