Sunday, August 18, 2013

Lord's Day in Angeles City


My short stay in Angeles City ended today. After holding the gospel meeting yesterday with one congregation (where Lordy Salunga labors), I worshipped with the Mabalacat church. Brother Ric Darasin works with the congregation of about 25 to 30 people. “Having Your Conduct Honorable” was the lesson for the Bible study. During the time for the sermon, I preached on “Confusing the Issue: The Lawyer’s Problem” from Luke 10:25 and following. This was the first time that I had ever met with that congregation. They were very kind in spirit, active in work and attentive to the teaching.

After lunch, Lordy and Ric took me to the bus terminal where I caught a bus to Manila. After about 2 1/2 hours (about half of it spent in Manila traffic), we arrived at the Pasay terminal and I caught a taxi to the hotel. As Philippine bus trips go, this one was relatively easy.

The Lord willing, we will begin preaching to the far north end of the metro Manila area tomorrow. Ely Ebuenga will be going with me to those places as he labers in that area. Thanks for your continued prayers for these efforts.